Motorized studio telescope TLM 70 to 120
TLM 70 – Art. 316.000 – 7m, 60kg
TLM 120 – Art. 316.001 – 12m, 50kg
TLM 70 M (MEDIA) – Art. 316.010 – 7m, 60kg
TLM 120 M (MEDIA) – ItemNo. 316.011 – 12m, 50kg
MTS Motorized studio telescopes with up to 7 or 12 m stroke length
The motorized telescope serves the precise positioning of lighting, audio and video devices.
The abbreviation TLM 70 / TLM 120 stands for telescopic lighting-hanger (motor) with extension 7000/12000 mm.
The telescopes are also available in special versions, for example as a media telescope.
Depending on the model, the load capacity is 60 kg (TLM 70) or 50 kg (TLM 120).
All MTS telescopes can be customized to meet every customers individual requirements.
Through the use of telescopes, each luminaire can be individually controlled. This allows an enormous flexibility in the design of the light on stage or in studio. Such a fully automated studios allows extremely short changeover times of the formats to be lit. The motorized vertical adjustment takes place via a static and dynamic self-locking gearbox. The telescopes are available in manual and motorized versions.
The MTS telescope tubes are made of drawn aluminum rectangular profiles with particularly high mechanical strength and precision. In the retracted state, the overall height is minimized. The extension of the telescopes from the series TLM 70 or TLM 120 is up to 12m depending on the model.
The tube design of the MTS telescopes ensures the highest possible stability with exceptionally low radial play (+/- 2 °). The small radial play is made possible by external and internal toothing of the tube guide. The tubes are made of high-quality cast aluminum, the surface is hard-anodized (AlMgSi 0,5 / F22). Two cable bobbins on the right and left of the gearing ensure precise winding and unwinding of the telescopic tubes into wear-free plastic parts. At the same time, these devices serve the low-noise movement of the lifting devices. The large bending radius of the suspension system prevents wear and cable breakage. The current and data feed to the lower end of the telescopes is by means of specially developed spiral cables.
The studio telescopes can lift and lower loads up to 60kg / 50kg reliably and safely. Each suspension element has a separate rope breakage and overload detection. Operational limit switches for limiting the travel path are integrated at the top and at the bottom. Also the emergency limit switches.
On request, adjustable ramps can be integrated for the soft start and stop.
All lifting devices from MTS have placed great emphasis on the service and maintenance-friendliness of the products. The individual tube elements can be exchanged as required on the hanging telescope. All maintenance points can be viewed without tools. The tubes can be operated permanently without lubrication. For emergency operation, a hand crank or an adapter is available, which can be attached to any commercially available drilling machine (optionally available with electrical protection for the motor voltage). If the drive fails, the emergency operating flange can be used to operate a currentless or defective telescope without problems.
The UP / DOWN movement of the pantographs can be performed via an integrated bell switch by means of rod control. Alternatively, the lifting devices can also be operated remotely via the various operating panels and radio remote control units from the MTS range.
Thanks to the modular design, adjustments to individual customer requirements can usually be carried out without problems. The power supply of the telescopes can be carried out via trailing cables or by means of current- and data-carrying support rails.
The telescopes from the company MTS – Media Technical System meet the relevant safety regulations DGUV regulation 17 (formerly BGV C1, formerly VBG 70) as well as DIN 56950-2 (formerly DIN 15560)
The highlights at a glance
- Dynamically self-locking gearbox
- extremely small radial deviation of less than +/- 2 °
- toolless maintainance; all maintainance points ca be directly viewed
- up to 12m drop
- up to 60 kg payload
- DGUV regulation 17 (formerly BGV C1, former VBG 70) as well as DIN 56950-2 (formerly DIN 15560)
- customizable power and data supply
- up to max. 7000/12000 mm
- min Overall length: approx. 950 mm
- Weight: approx. 50 kg
- Carrying means: 2 steel cables, 2.8 mm
- Tube package: AlMgSi 0.5 / F22
- Brinell hardness: HB 2.5 / 62.5
- Shell tube: 68 x 120 mm
- Radial clearance: +/- 2 °
- Motor: 230 / 400V; 50 Hz; 0.4 kW
- Motor protection: IP 54, thermal overload protection
- Max. Payload: 60 kg (TLM 70) / 50 kg (TLM 120)
- Load acceptance via DIN TV sleeve (29 mm)
- Connection: Schuko (or CEE) – by arrangement
- optional DMX cable – XLR 5pol
- Static and dynamic self-locking gearbox
- Continuous lubrication from -30 to + 150 °
- Slack rope break detection for each suspension system
- Overload detection (factor 1.2)
- Optional: adjustable ramp for soft start / stop
- Operating limit switch up / down
- Emergency up / down switch
- Load receptacle (bottom): DIN TV sleeve 29 mm
- Strap for safety rope
- Suspension (top): connection plate / tube clamp 48mm / trolley
- Electrical box / motor control electronics is separate
We reserve the right to technical modifications.
Art.Nr. 350.900 FCP 900
Art.Nr. 350.026 RFS-TC 4